And he was the Man [ 3 ]


I was wandering on the beach , it was crowded , though  Thursday  , but crowded  , a lot of  peoples , all kinds , all shapes , all ages  , single , couples , with families ,without families ,  rich , poor , middle class , with their own transport or without it were there .. each  immersed in his own world , his own universe , barely aware of others around him ,  enjoying or trying to enjoy ., some were there  to just  have a good time , some like me to escape , escape from the  harshness of life , sitting  beside the waves or , sitting in the waves , some having a bit of snacks and then carelessly throwing the garbage around , other just  sitting or walking along the beach , in the water  and  looking in particular no where like me 

..then suddenly my eye caught attention , it was a man ,  he was playing with a child , the child  does not appeared normal , he had a bit of sling in his leg , but  seemed  happy , very very happy ,  splashing in water , trying to run , then  falls and laugh at himself  , at his own fall , and then would try to run again and deliberately  fall  just to laugh at himself  , he was soaked in water , but seemed to enjoy it , his father had sometimes a concerned look , at other time  happy , Happy  for his child being happy , and showing a mocking  anger and asking his child to be careful .... but the child would act as is ignoring him ..and playing his own run and fall game ... 
...I looked intently at his  father , he looked familiar , I tried to remember  , now where have I seen him ..?? .  in the mean while , the child had a sudden rush of energy and ran straight to him , with such force ....that his father too fell ....  the shock of  such sudden rush of energy  shocked his father ...and for a moment he seemed lost.... child suddenly became a bit scared....  for he has just pushed his  father to fall .... then the man came out of shock .... and feeling his own situation ,  ..looked at his child.... then seeing the shadow of  fear in child's eye ....   stood up....  and laughed , a sudden sigh of relieve appeared in child eyes ....and he again rushed toward him and tried to push him down ,pushing his leg ...... the father sensing his effort , deliberately fell down and they both laughed .... a father son hearty laugh
...and  my mind wandered ... now where have i seen him...  !!  ..the man looked around  and sensed me  looking at him ... at the same moment  ,  I looked at him .... and in a flash I recognized him 
...he was the man , who was in charge of all those beggars , .the one he called his machines ..... he would bring them every morning  ... my mind flashed ..... and a thought , kind of doubt rose his ugly head in my mind ........ could this be his own child ... the one us himself would set at some road corner to beg ....?? 
..the child would earn for him ....and he would take care for him.... not as a father , but as a caretaker of other beggars ..his machines .... and then collect them in the evening with thier earned income , ... but today he was not  the caretaker , or contractor ...but rather a father ... treating his own  son , ...may be to a holiday .... from the begging job ....   my eyes met his ,  a dim spark of recogniation came into his eyes.. I approached him ... smiled and asked.... your child ..?  he  remained silent , perhaps deliberating in his mind , should he answer  me or not ... or who am I ?, and why am I asking this question .?.. but then he  relaxed ... perhaps recognized me ... and said ... yes...  ..then looked back at his child and gently said ..... " Sarfraz lets go .... " .... the child wanted to play more ... but he firmly held his hand .... and as soon he held his hand .. the child who was so  bubbly and happy and playiful ... became obedient .......and simply walked  , no dragged himself  along side him , without saying another word ...  he then stopped at a  khooka .... and brought some  candies  and a packet of chips ... child's face lit up again .. 
...and they  then walked to the same  wagon , which was now kinda  familiar to me , in which he would bring his machines every morning .... and drove away ... 
... I kept looking his way ....  and turned around ... for the sun was about to set ... and setting sun in the waters of  Arabian Sea on Clifton beach , dirty ugly beach  , unclean beach  ...is one good sight .... but today the beach did not looked dirty to me.... instead  if was glowing .... glowing with  the  love of a  father for his child ... I felt a  certain invisible light al around me ... looked around , and heaved a sigh ..... 
For a  fleeting moment i thought i saw  Ilm deen there too .....  then shrugged ...and sat there for god know  how long ... till that light of  fathers love for his child dimmed in me....  

 

Comments